ENGINEERING ASSOCIATE (PROJECT PLANNER)
Austin Transportation Department
The Engineering Associate (Project Planner) will work in the Signs and Markings Division of the Austin Transportation Department. The position will support management and supervisory staff in the coordination of the Signs Maintenance and Sign Retroreflectivity programs; coordination of the Signs inventory and materials planning; and will oversee the Overhead Sign Replacement program within the City. The position will be responsible for Sign performance data reporting and the output capacity and data standardization.
The ideal candidate must bring a strong data analysis background with the ability to prepare reports, analyze data, review plans, and recommend solutions related to traffic signs and markings.
Additionally, the candidate must:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; be able to prepare reports, analyze data and present to various levels of management, and be able to work as a team with the Signs and Markings supervisors and employees;
- Have experience conducting spatial analysis with the ability to analyze, review and recommend solutions;
- Be detail oriented to evaluate program effectiveness, while managing time and resources to support programs and projects to ensure they are on track with project scope, timelines, and budget;
- Have the ability to read and interpret applicable regulations, standards, and specifications; and
- Have the ability to coordinate and maintain continuity of Signs, Markings, and Banners operations plans.
The candidate must have excellent computer skills with software knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and geospatial data management and analysis in ESRI software.
Position requires graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field related to engineering, plus experience in a field related to the job. Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years. Prefer an engineering background with the ability to work, or education related to transportation and/or urban planning.
To apply for this and other job openings, you must apply on-line at www.austincityjobs.org, job posting 101059. Position closes 3/19/16. Also review other job openings in the same field.