This position is located in Mesquite, TX. Medical and dental are available as well as a 401k plan. Company will match up to 4%.
Position requires at least 1 year experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerant.
- Must be constantly aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the property and immediately initiates action to correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Schedules and performs routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by Lead Maintenance and Property Manager. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following on a daily basis.
· Electrical and plumbing (including water lines).
· A/C and heating systems.
· Appliances (when applicable).
· Water irrigation systems.
· Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings.
· Tile, carpet, flooring.
· Roofing, gutters, fasteners.
· Interior/exterior lights.
· Fireplaces, ceiling fans.
· Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable).
· Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors.
· Boiler, gas and electric.
· Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks.
· Security systems (where applicable).
· Ceiling leaks.
· Pool areas, tile, Jacuzzi, pool furniture.
- Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assists make-ready staff as required to meet deadlines.
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to the Lead Maintenance and Property Manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies and inform Lead Maintenance of shortages.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.