System Administrator - (SAIL)
Requisition Number: STFR003642
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking an experienced and skilled System Administrator to maintain Northeastern University's Student Assessed Integrated Learning (SAIL) Platform, including both a Mobile and Web-based interface.
The System Administrator will maintain the cloud-based hosting websites/apps by identifying system requirements; monitoring system performance, and trouble-shooting issues. The System Administrator will be responsible for establishing and maintaining processes that ensure stable web and mobile environments and the availability of sites/apps functions and services.
The System Administrator will have deep understanding of the underlying data structure and will be able to support data requests from business owners. This individual will participate in product development efforts and serve as a liaison between vendors and the university as well as a liaison between other initiatives around the University and the SAIL Initiative specifically. The System Administrator will engage in maintenance, quality assurance and customer support activities.
The System Administrator's responsibilities include:
- Establishing Web system specifications by analyzing access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure. Document system configuration, processes, and procedures.
- Maintaining Web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor. Upgrades Web system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Securing Web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation. Working with Information Security Specialist for routine audit of the related systems.
- Working with development team to set up development and testing environment and a process to deploy application to each environment. Evaluate and propose new or improved system architecture.
- Providing administrative support and monitoring database systems. Writing scripts or using tools to extract data from the database or load data into the database as needed. Update data or content to ensure the freshness of the web system.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
- Masters degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is preferred, but not required
- Exceptional communication skills including written, verbal and presentations
- Exceptional team player
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage various workload of projects with many priorities. Prioritization skills are key, as the nature of opportunity, urgency of need and size of the work rapidly change
- 3-5 years experience of web server configuration and maintenance
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a must
- Knowledgeable with HTML5, CSS, JQuery, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Experience with mobile app development is desired
- Familiar with SQL Server and ability to write SQL queries
- Experience with ETL tools is desired
- Experience with agile and scrum-based development methodologies
- Experience with Test-driven development and Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of system integration and web services is a plus
- Experience working with design and development vendor is a plus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency