Amec Foster Wheeler’s Environment & Infrastructure business is actively seeking a new Transportation Group Head for Eastern Ontario to join our transportation business line, position based out of Markham, Ottawa or Burlington office.
Amec Foster Wheeler maintains and foster a strong Health and Safety culture; our vast array of expertise, size and diversity allows us to perform integrated multi-disciplinary and multi-objective planning, study, design and construction administration projects throughout Canada. Amec Foster Wheeler has numerous client relationships that are decades old. The strength and longevity of these relationships are testament to our commitment to understanding client needs, delivering creative value-added solutions and measuring our own performance relative to the success of our clients.
This senior group head position, reports to the Ontario Regional Manager for Infrastructure and will work collaboratively with Amec Foster Wheeler’s Transportation leadership team. This role will involve providing technical direction and guidance at the business center level as well as identify new business development opportunities.
Key responsibilities include
- Lead and oversee the sustainable growth of the transportation business in Eastern Ontario
- Leading local business development efforts; including proposal development, client relationships, developing leads and securing contracts to achieve business development and financial goals
- Develop and maintain a balanced and focused strategic growth plan for the Ontario transportation business, with focus on growing our core strengths
- Lead and manage multidisciplinary teams for the preparation of proposals and projects within the transportation department’s core expertise, including review and determination of bid and pricing strategies
- Project management of key projects
- Coaching, mentoring and developing future leaders;
- Promoting a strong health and safety culture within the transportation business line
- Manage recruitment needs and potential hiring targets as warranted by existing and expected workload within Eastern Ontario
- Work collaboratively with senior transportation staff on projects with other regions in Ontario where workload and strategic interests support involvement
- Grow and develop transportation technical and project management resources that will work in conjunction to support the overall transportation strategy
- Network with Amec Foster Wheeler’s sector leaders across North America to help promote transportation services in Ontario