At Pharmavite, we strive to make the world a better place. It's in our DNA.
More than 45 years ago, our founders focused on improving health & wellness by going back to the basics--good nutrition and essential nutrients & minerals. Since that day, we've been a leader in the health and wellness industry and have earned the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers by offering the highest quality vitamins and supplements under the Nature Made® brand.
At Pharmavite, we make products with a purpose, and our purpose is Bringing the Gift of Health to Life. We are always seeking like-minded, talented people who are passionate about health and wellness to join our team. We believe that if we work hard, and care about what we do, we will deliver exceptional results together.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator II tracks, reviews and evaluates all processing documents accompanying manufacture and packaging of products. In this role you will prepare final documents for product disposition and assist Quality Assurance Supervisors in monitoring shop floor performance.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Assembles and reviews all manufacturing or packaging documents, processing steps and laboratory test records.
- Samples, inspects and reviews documentation of components, labels and finished goods for proper disposition.
- Understands product specifications and how they relate to product manufacturing.
- Calculates product yields and reconciles deviations. Reviews appropriate exception reports.
- Releases product if all documents match written specifications and are accurate and complete in detail.
- Communicates problems to production supervisors and/or managers. Resubmits documentation for corrective action, where required.
- Reports findings to QA/QC supervisor and/or managers.
- Makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Enters disposition into computer system.
- Prepares Reject Notices for non-conforming product, components or labels.
- Flexibility to work across shifts, weekends and substitute for QA inspectors and Supervisors as required.
- Assists Managers and Supervisor in investigating and documenting non-conformance issues. Determines root cause and implements corrective action.
- Monitors processes on the plant floor as necessary.
- Generates events and resolves discrepancies with manufacturing.
- Serves as a backup for the QA supervisor
- Interfaces with manufacturing and assigns coordinators and QA inspectors for inspection, testing and manufacturing support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum 2 years of college education or equivalent experience with course work in biology or chemistry and mathematics required. Experience with Statistic Process Control (SPC) desirable