TranSystems’ Charleston, South Carolina office has an opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join our Southeast Roadway Practice. Proven leadership ability and significant experience and demonstrated technical excellence in planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of major interstate highway and roadway projects for SCDOT and South Carolina municipalities. Preferred experience includes having established working relationships with SCDOT personnel and previous SCDOT project experience that would include interstate widening and interchange design projects, large complex project experience, roadway widening projects, and bridge replacement projects.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for overall Project Management, supervision and quality of those projects which are assigned to them.
2. Assures that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client.
3. Assures that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
4. Controls project plan by approving design, specifications, plans, and schedules changes.
5. Responsible for client satisfaction.
6. Assist the Area Manager and Managing Principals in the implementation of the marketing plan and business development goals established for the office.
7. Serves as a technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
8. Keeps abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting the organization for the purposes of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
9. Provide team leadership. Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a staff of engineers and technicians.
10. Responsible for finding work for team members in order for team to meet utilization goals.
11. Evaluates progress of the staff and results obtained and recommend changes to achieve overall objectives.
12. Maintains project staff job results by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
13. Mentors other employees.
14. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
15. Relays company goals and direction to team members.
16. Primary contact for employee problems.
17. Initiates and maintains extensive contracts with key people to other organizations.
Note: Salary negotiated based on years of service, expertise/capabilities, and specific project experience.
Bachelor’s degree in the Civil engineering field.
Minimum of 10 – 15 years of design and management experience required of large interstate/roadway transportation projects.
Microsoft Excel, Office, and various engineering software systems depending on discipline.
AutoCAD; MicroStation/GEOPAK and In Roads.
Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in South Carolina or ability to obtain within six months.
Established working relationship and credibility with SCDOT roadway design staff.
SCDOT plan preparation requirements for roadway projects.
Strong experience with interstate/roadway design process through application of SCDOT Roadway Design Manual requirements.
Strong background in the design of large transportation projects for SCDOT and other local transportation agencies.
Traffic Control/MOT for phased interstate construction.
Interchange layout design experience including diverging diamond, fully directional fly-over ramps and other conventional interchange configurations.
SCDOT drainage design, best practices & specifications is a plus.
Design-Build experience is a plus.
Internal Number: 15546
About TranSystems Corporation
TranSystems provides engineering and architectural planning, design and construction solutions to enhance the movement of goods and people across today’s integrated transportation infrastructure. We are dedicated to enhancing and improving the movement of goods and people by creating an integrated transportation system.
A mid-sized firm, comprised of 800 professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the U.S., TranSystems allows clients access to an experienced team of industry professionals with subject matter expertise in a variety of disciplines, along with the capabilities to provide support through the entire program lifecycle from problem-solving and planning through design and construction management to operations and program management. We know our success is ultimately gauged by our ability to provide a safe and efficient transportation for the end-user - those who drive on the infrastructure we design, work in the buildings that we conceive, and take the processes that we model and make them successful.