Position can be based in Memphis, TN or Harrison, AR.
Begin your career with the FedEx Team and be a part of one of the most well-known and reliable companies in the world.
In this highly technical role, you’ll design, communicate and implement plans for Operations Research (OR) and Systems Development based projects. This will involve the preparation of designs, project controls and specifications, schedules and cost estimates that meet company business objectives and financial goals.
Additional responsibilities include the identification and development of operations research, data science and systems development capabilities; gathering resources to complete projects; facilitation of the development and deployment of tools and processes for teams; etc.
* Master’s in Industrial Engineering, Math/Statistics or related quantitative discipline or Bachelor’s in aforementioned disciplines and 2 yrs experience
* Five (5) yrs professional experience in engineering, statistics, forecasting or data analysis
* Intermediate programming skills and ability to learn new languages, including but not limited to JAVA, SQL and SAS
* Intermediate knowledge of relational database systems Oracle, DB2 and Terradata
* Intermediate knowledge and experience with Cloud capabilities, big data implementations (Hadoop) and Agile methodology preferred
* Advanced capabilities in quantitative and data analysis; proven ability to conduct and lead research/analysis, organize and interpret findings
* Advanced skills with Microsoft office software and web-based applications
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal, time management, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Comprehensive presentation skills
* Medical, dental, vision, prescription insurance
* Disability & life insurance
* Credit association (with Internet & phone banking)
* Direct deposit
* Flex-spending acct for medical and dependent care
* 8 paid holidays annually
* Company paid vacation and personal time
* Tuition reimbursement
* Stock purchase plan
Additional requirements will be found on the website listed below. Competitive salary offered.
Interested candidates please submit your resume at: https://careers.fedex.com/freight/jobs/25892-441463?lang=en-us&previousLocale=en-US
Search by Job #442146BR
As a member of the FedEx Corp. family of companies, FedEx Freight is a leading U.S. provider of next-day and second-day regional LTL freight services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.