We understand the inherent challenges and conventional wisdom surrounding volunteer leadership, and we’ve made it our mission to help volunteer boards create transformational change.
General Purpose of the Position
Following Kellen Best Practices, the Account Coordinator provides general and administrative support and coordination in support of the account team’s management of two to three association clients. Additionally supports Kellen internal operations, as needed.
General Administrative Support
• Works closely with staff and business unit leaders and teams to coordinate activities, such as vendor payables and receivables, travel, schedules, events, manage team calendars and distribute in-coming and outgoing mail and shipments.
• Coordinates website content and works with Kellen Interactive and other Client Team members to keep site(s) updated.
Communications and Membership Support
• Acts as primary point of contact for clients.
• Maintains member databases and files, ensuring accuracy, and executes mailings.
• Drafts, edits, and proof-reads a variety of association communications.
• Responds to phone and email inquiries from members and prospective members about specific and general association inquiries.
• Updates website content as needed.
• Drafts, edits and posts to social media accounts.
• Coordinates dues billing with Accounting and follows up with members as appropriate.
• Tracks inventory and distributes material as needed.
• Stays well informed about members/member and member organizations.
Conference and Event Management
• Assist in all facets of meeting planning; works with client to assist in speaker management, sponsorship, exhibits, event registrations (online and onsite), and other logistics for events and conferences.
• Interfaces with Committee leadership via phone, email, and in person.
• Provides support to client committees, including notices, scheduling, agendas, minutes and project management to enable them to execute their missions and objectives.
Other duties that align with the mission and vision of the company.
• College degree or equivalent work experience plus 0-2 years’ experience working in a related capacity. Experience working within a professional society or association highly desired.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders using a variety of methods.
• Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to set priorities based on customer (internal and external) needs and organizational priorities and preferences, and develop solutions to client challenges.
• Effective interpersonal and customer service skills to establish and maintain relationships and interact with internal and external customers at all levels.
• Self-motivated team player who is accountable for initiating and managing projects through to completion with a minimum of management direction.
• Computer proficiency with a variety of office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and agility to learn new software packages as needed.
• Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, re-prioritize and juggle multiple priorities at any given time to meet stated deadlines.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Growth and learning mindset to stay abreast of industry trends and assimilate new job-related information appropriately.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
• Ability to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends for meetings, events and conferences.
• Experience working with and motivating a volunteer workforce desired.
This job operates in an office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required; this would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
• This position requires frequent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• This position requires basic math skills to calculate formulas, commissions, discounts, etc.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
Travel may be necessary, up to 5% of the time and may be by travel by air, car, rail.
Kellen does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline. In addition, it is the policy of Kellen to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Kellen is one of the world’s largest providers of management and services to associations and trade organizations. We support Board leaders with the operational framework and strategic guidance to better serve industry needs.