In this role you will support Vermeer customers through our Advanced Quality Planning activities during new product development. By ensuring clear goals and requirements are met, you will improve the dealer and customer experience with Vermeer products. This position will work with product development teams, suppliers, and manufacturing to develop Advanced Quality Planning. This role is critical to identifying quality risks before they become a problem – implementing mitigation and control plans to provide predictable quality performance during production.
What You’ll Do
1. Execute Vermeer advanced quality planning process during new product development.
2. Support project core teams to set quality goals, identify and mitigate risks, and establish quality deliverables to support project goals and smooth product launches.
3. Coordinate with other quality leaders and other peer function leadership to ensure quality objectives and requirements are met.
4. Support identification of key characteristics (product and process) and control plans according to capabilities.
5. Coordinate other advanced quality engineers.
6. Assist in identifying and mitigating quality risks by utilizing core quality planning tools.
7. Ensure new products meet quality objectives at launch and during early production.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a minimum five years’ experience in quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, or design engineering.
Vermeer Corporation delivers a real impact in a progressing world through the manufacture of high-quality equipment. With yellow iron at their side, our customers in more than 60 nations feed and fuel their communities, connect people to the necessities of life and manage natural resources. Vermeer is headquartered in Pella, Iowa, U.S.A. and employs more than 4,000 team members around the world, with regional offices in Brazil, the Netherlands and Singapore; additional manufacturing facilities in South Dakota, South Carolina, Florida and Tianjin; and more than 600 dealers located around the world. Our customers work in the underground construction, surface mining, tree care, environmental and agricultural industries and use Vermeer machines because they carry a reputation for being built tough, built to perform and built for value.